Thursday 24 August 2006

I have seen the future...

...and it's riding low.

The Mighty MulletBecause I am Canadian, and therefore polite by definition, I try not to laugh out loud at the sight of middle-aged men in mullets and clunky gold chains riding on their grizzled chest hair, old ladies in tight perms and cat-eye glasses (oh wait, those are cool again), 30-somethings in great big hair, 50-somethings in headbands around their straggling grey locks and a host of other people who just can't get over the worst fashions of their teens and twenties. It looked rather silly when they were young and everybody was doing it. Now that they are no longer young and most other people have moved on, they are walking caricatures.

But the future will be even worse.

In ten to twenty years, those middle aged guys will be deliberately hanging their pants low so we can admire the pattern on their boxers. Or worse yet, their briefs. And the ladies will be showing off their puffy and distended tattoos just below the lumbar region.

You may start screaming now, but it won't do any good.

Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walrus, for years I have amused myself with the thought that after a while the old folks' homes will be filled with little wrinkled old people comparing body piercings and tattoos....

I'll likely be dead by then as I'm already middle-aged, but it still gives me a chuckle.

Janet said...

Thoughts like that have crossed my mind too, Tully. But this post was inspired when I told one of my offspring - yet again - to pull up his pants. A sudden flash of him wearing the same pants at 40 crossed my mind. I succeeded in not screaming. ;o)

Hopefully, he will have moved on by then.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online