Thursday 15 January 2009

Do Not Call!

Do Not Call ListThat's it! I've had it. I signed up on the Canadian Do Not Call List. I am so sick of getting umpteen calls a day from telemarketers - half of them fraudulent - that I could scream. Registering on the DNCL was the first proactive step I have taken. Unfortunately it was just a small one.

The problem is that most of the telemarketers are calling me from the US, and the American DNCL won't let me register. I know, I tried. It keeps telling me to correct my area code.

I used to see advertisements on TV, back when I still watched TV, for a doohickey that would detect computer-dialed phone calls and automatically block them, sending back a message that your phone number is invalid, which would delete you from their database. Are those gadgets still on the market? What are they called and where do I find them?

I've tried a google search, but all I'm finding is the machines to MAKE those annoying calls.

Or do you have any other tips for me, other than systematically asking every telemarketer to remove me from their call lists? And how do you ask a recording to do that?


Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

While we're talking about Canada... ;) I can't find a carbonated, fruit-flavored water called Canadian Clear anymore. Do you know if it's still produced? Mmm... I can taste the peach now. Or, at least, wish I could. :)

Janet said...

Janna, I seem to have vague memories of that. I'll try to remember to check next time I'm in the beverage aisle.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online