Tuesday 28 April 2009

The Espresso Book Machine has arrived

And the gadget geek in me is in awe. The machine is still hideously ugly and looks like a prototype, but if it catches on, I'm sure that will change. If it does become popular, it will change the way the whole book industry works, but I can't even begin to imagine how. If I were a bookstore owner, I would go have a quiet nervous breakdown in the corner, and then order me a couple.



Hat tip to the Harper Studio blog via Twitter and @MariaSchneider.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I'm boggling at a future where "bookstores" look more like a Kinko's than a Barnes & Noble.

Janet said...

That might be the future, all right. It could be good too. No more returns, which would be ecologically sounder and might actually lower the cost of books by reducing waste and shipping costs.

Or the whole thing could be as popular as a Segway and change virtually nothing.

It will almost certainly change the definition of "out of print", so agents had better be on top of this.

Lynnette Labelle said...

Wow! Is that ever neat!

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, that machine looks scary. Enjoy, sweetie! :D

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online