Thursday 9 April 2009

Personal update

I have had all kinds of wonderful ideas for blog posts this week, but my head has been elsewhere, I'm afraid. I know that it severely disrupted your lives. I'm sorry.

After a lot of thinking and mulling and praying, I've decided to accept an offer of representation from Jan Dennis of Dennis Literary. Jan is the man who, as an editor, first published Frank Peretti and Stephen Lawhead, and who, as an agent, first represented Ted Dekker and Donita K. Paul. In other words, he is a huge figure in the world of Christian speculative fiction. I am deeply honoured that he has been willing to place his confidence in me and my writing. And still having a little trouble believing that he did.

OK, next major hurdle to overcome is to win the heart of an editor. But before I get there, I'll probably have some more revising and polishing to do. Jan will be bringing the first set of professional eyes to this manuscript and I imagine he'll have a good number of things to say.

In the meanwhile, I am going to celebrate Easter and the supreme mystery of the Incarnation.

9 comments:

Alexander Field said...

Congrats Janet on finding representation! That's a great step toward getting published...best of luck with Jan and your book! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations! Looking forward to hearing of your book's sale! :D

Janet said...

Thanks guys. I'll certainly be posting any major news on this blog and all over the Internet too. ;o)

Minor twitches I will keep to myself.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Congratulations Janet! I'm sure it's a relief to have made the decision. :) Good luck with the edits.

Janet said...

Thanks Kathleen and Melanie. :o)

WendyCinNYC said...

I know I'm way, way late here, but congrats! I've been deep in revision-land and haven't been blogging much.

Janet said...

Thanks Wendy. You have a good problem.

May Vanderbilt said...

I know I'm late to this but CONGRATS!!!

Janet said...

Thanks, May! :o)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online