Tuesday 26 September 2006

White and Nerdy

[Update] It's not "White and Needy", it's "White and NERDY". Just so ya know.

Straight Outta LynwoodWell, the big day has arrived! Weird Al Yankovic's new album, Straight Outta Lynwood, is in stores. My kids are delighted, especially because they think he has relinked with his comic muse after a bit of a recent slump. For those of you who are as uncool as me and lack children in the right age bracket to keep you in the loop, Weird Al has made a very successful career of spoofing the rock and roll and rap/hiphop worlds. His parodies are sometimes gut-wrenchingly funny.

YouTube doesn't seem to like BetaBlogger, so I can't put up the videoclip here, but you can click on over if you want to see/hear Weird Al's White and Nerdy. While you're there, check out Brown and Nerdy, an MIT math prof who analyzes the formulae used in the background of the video, and explains the errors, spoofing himself as he does so. It's so bad, it's good. I'm NOT making this up. You just can't make stuff like that up.

White and Nerdy is a track that particularly pleases in this family, seeing as we number a nerd or two. None of us wear pocket protectors or can recite pi, though. You see, we're NERDS, not geeks. There is a difference, they tell me, although some of those Internet nerd tests don't seem to get it.

This is how I rate:

I am nerdier than 38% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

My kids would beg to differ. They tell me I am very definitely a nerd. Big time. But not a geek.

Personally, I prefer Don't Download this Song, a great spoof of aid concert mass choral pieces, telling you that you are starting down the slippery slope of hardcore criminality if you download the song and deprive the artist of another solid gold Humvee.

Now that I've upped my cool quotient, I'll go back to regular programming.

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online